Tuesday, November 25, 2008

willingness

I enjoy reading the newspaper at night when I eat what Rhea calls "2nd dinner". I get home round 12ish midnight, all hungry, and see what dinner Nanang Mitsi cooked for my family and I devour whatever's left. Ain't that part of the job description of a mom...having your stomach as the food trash bin and eat the food your child cannot finish? :)

Tonight, I enjoyed reading an article entitled Can't sleep? Shut Your busy mind in the Philippine Daily Inquirer. It mentions that key to having sound sleep is peace of mind. It advises us of realigning the spirit by staying in the present. Focusing on the past or the future only causes greater anxiety or remorse. Reminded me of the slogan I've given myself in order to survive/enjoy Coppelia: take it one day at a time...one moment at a time. Isn't dance all about the present? Our bodies keep changing everyday.Yah, we do have muscle memory but two moments in time can never really be identical.

The article also says that the key to making chages in one's life is putting willingness over willpower.


Willingness opens the heart and mind to accept and make changes; willpower involves the ego leading the self to win. Look at it as a spiritual medicine,it should be a soulful experience. Do things that will make you happy. Finding happiness can give you inner peace.





KT



No comments: